Instrument - 1998 Fox Renard 242D. Modifications include a Musson bassoon spike and an added aftermarket high E key. I have also recently added an Ortwein Woodwind high A bridge key.
Bocals - Heckle No 0 (Don't ask me why but I do), Fox C No's 1 & 2, Fox CVX No 2
Reeds / Reed case - Selection of Bassoon Factory reeds (of course!) and a MH Legere. I try and have a few different reeds to suit different ensemble and acoustical situation. The Legere is perfect for any pit work I do with doubling or concert band style groups where I need a lot of projection and stability. My reed case is my first Bassoon Factory reed case I ever made. Slightly sentimental.
Case - Marcus Bonna case - I am surprised just how much stuff I can put in here.
Other - No wonder my case is so heavy. Geez.
• Double Reed Geek - I carry this instead of any other reed making equipment. - In Australia
• Lefreque Silver plated double Reed Sound Bridge. - This little device has opened up my lower register and made slurring much smoother. In Australia
• RondoFile - This is my go to folder for all my music.
• LaTromba Cork grease - Just in case.
• Korg Slimpitch Contact Tuner - works in all situations especially in a really noisy space.
• Seat Strap - I can not always use my spike.
• Fox Balance Hanger and Kolbl Harness - Just incase I have to stand or need to double on Sax.
• Pencil and cleaners - Of course.
Comments - Although I don't always need all this stuff with my work you never know. Where ever possible I have included a link to Australian suppliers of this stuff. Where things are readily available from many retailers I have not worried. I am all for supporting and shopping locally.